THIS VIDEO IS FROM WHEN I WAS THERE AT THE OPRY DURING SPRING BREAK IN MARCH

THIS VIDEO IS FROM WHEN I WAS THERE AT THE OPRY DURING SPRING BREAK IN MARCH, IM SO EXCITED TO HAVE FOUND THIS VIDEO TO SHARE WITH ALL OF YOU!

Brandon,Ms Is Proud Of Skylar Laine!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

ALL THINGS YMCA LIFE UPDATE & LIFE UPDATE!

Lastnight, I just met Aeriel who use to work in the nursery at the reservoir ymca. Boy did i hear some stories! Her story sounds just like mine. She shares my story! She told all about being the only one that would clean up over there in child care and she told me all about staying sick while working with the kids. Absolutely cracks me up! Glad to know im not alone in having gotten sick while working with the kids. She knew cory before she started working there isn't that funny!


Always good to meet a new face and someone who shares your story!
Look forward to sharing many more stories in the future when i go in the chinese restaurant to eat or pick up an order to go!



I am so blown away by all of the doors that have been opened to me since I came on to work at The YMCA. There are constantly new doors opening to me, the first door that opened to me was becoming a new employee trainer, the 2nd door that opened to me was working in child care, the 3rd door that opened to me was recieving such a high and huge honor of getting to be photographed for the up coming phamplet for my aunt Lou Ellen's work and getting to do the up coming video promo and interview with my bosses & the 4th door that opened to me was getting to Join the team of people who take turns once a month cleaning up the church and helping get ready for sunday morning service all because of what i do at the ymca, the 5th door that opened to me was  my church offering me the opportunity to work in kid life on sunday mornings.  and now the opportunity to meet and get to know Aeriel who use to work at the nursery that shares my story. I'm seriously about ready to cry again, im so over whelmed!



these are not the only doors that have opened to me, there have been so many others, like for example, when i found out that my transfer over to reservoir ymca wasn't just about me  but it was also about finding and meeting Julia and helping her find the church home she had been looking for and now thanks to me and the timing of my transfer and finding and meeting her, she's now on the sound team at church and wants to play the bass guitar on sunday mornings in Chrissy's place. I never thought one person like myself could become responsible for things like that and have such huge expectations. and also being apart of helping someone at  church apply and try to get on to work in our child care at reservoir ymca, there have just been so many doors that have opened to me.


I never could have imagined any of this that is happening to me! I'm reminded of Mr.Mark Kelly and what he always said in chapel,  in the word's of Mr.Mark Kelly - GOD IS GOOD... ALL THE TIME! NO MATTER WHAT!


I promise you, they are going to keep making me cry! but that's a happy cry! that's a, I'M SPEECHLESS CRY! they are soooo good at bringing me to tears! 


this is why i am just so happy these days and just feel so loved, i just feel like everyone around me at work and church keeps wrapping me in love and it feels amazing! i never had any of this before the ymca or the exchange so thats why i just don't know what to do with myself! I now get members walking by me every night patting me on the back and saying hey how are you and thanks for all you do and that's such a great feeling!


 
the timing of me meeting Aeriel tonight is perfect & crazy! because i have the promo video and interview photo session for the phamplet coming up where i will get to tell my story of how this came about  me ending up at the ymca and i get to talk about my ymca journey and my journey to the ymca  and just basically tell my success story and basically get to talk about where i came from and all that and how all of this came about, so it's really neat to have someone who shares my story because that's going to help with my promo coming up because i will be able to talk about that as well.  


Oh and Sunday right after church, my pastor Bryant stops me on the way out the door, just to brag on me and says, i gotta tell you, you do a fantastic job, i know we have others who help out but you do a great job and i know i make a mess up here during the week, i really appriciate you! You know you are doing something right when the preacher is bragging! HAHAHAHA! 




let me tell you, he hit me at just the right time though because my heart was just breaking for my sweet and very dear friend Heather Jones and her mom Mrs.Laura Jones in the loss of Allison, I still can't believe it. heather and Allison and I not only went to pds together but we grew up in church together at oakhurst baptist church and we took dance together from Mrs.Katie Ray, we all played softball together too. so this is just very sad and devastating. sweet Allison is the 2nd one in two months, I knew Taylor Joubert as well from Dance at Mrs.Katie Ray's but the loss of Allison affected me more than anything because Heather & Allison and I were so close. We stayed in touch after they left and moved to Georgia, we actually wrote letters even though this crazy little thing called the internet and email exsisted we still chose to actually write letters and send pictures. We have really gotten away from our letter writing though since this crazy thing called Facebook came along. i recieved I think it was 9:00pm. I was at a loss for words and didn't know what to say. 


 anyway, i just wanted to give ya'll an update on all things ymca life and just a life update and tell ya'll all about what's been going on in my world lately!

No comments: